[Coco] 1000sx update

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Sat Apr 22 02:53:25 EDT 2006

I had a similar problem both with a Xebec SASI-to_MFM board, and another
brand.
Both would unpredictably "trash" a sector in the FAT, making it unreadable.
I never found out why it happened. Needless to say I became very adept at
re-formatting the fat, and re-writing it. IIRC, I wrote a small utility that
copied the FAT to a file of which I made note of the location.

I changed to a SCSI drive, and never had the problem using the SCSISYS
drivers.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.