[Coco] Tom Mix SR-71 going for over $100

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 15 00:57:46 EDT 2006

John Guin wrote:

> Still, this seems a bit on the high side.  Am I missing something about
> this particular auction?

Nothing surprises me on eBay any more.

There was an Amiga game called "The Kristal" that went for some obscene
amount on eBay about a year ago - I can't recall the price but I think is
was in the hundreds of AUD?!? My friend got excited because he has a
complete boxed version in very good condition. A quick search today reveals
one copy going for ~4 GBP with no bids!

I've also seen mad bidding wars on console cartridges with the *identical*
item in the same condition listed at the same time from other sellers with
*no* bids.

I've seen the C64 DTV go for $51 with $10 postage - the day after I bought
mine in a local Target store for $29.95.

I've got a few factory-sealed Amiga games I picked up in a bargain bin for
AUD$2 many many years ago. If I ever put them on eBay, I'm expecting
anywhere from $0.50 to $200 each! ;)

All I can say is: "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Regards,