[Coco] Another NitrOS-9 Platform?

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 17:53:21 EDT 2006

Bob Devries wrote:
> hmmmm,
> I wonder how much work it would be to rewrite the Acorn BBC-B ROM into
> 6809 code? I love the BASIC in the BBC. Inline Assembler!

Now I *LIKE* that idea ! I would imagine that with 6809 code being
generally more efficient than 6502, it could cirtainly be done, no I'm
not volunterring to do it :)

It would be actually 2 things, re-writing the MOS rom, and then
re-writing the Basic rom, that is alas 32K of code to re-write :(

On the other hand disn't someone produce a 6809 2nd processor for the
BBC, that cirtainly should be capable of running Nitros.

Phill.