[Coco] Re: Getting set up and notes to Charlie and Roy

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:00:32 EDT 2006

Hi Jim. I'm still around. Life hasn't been as kind to me as I would like
lately, so CoCo gets the back seat for now. :(
Brian (Briza) sent me a message saying you were asking for me...... Have you
hooked up the locking plate yet?
It is very strong. Your coco wont seperate with that thing. It weighs as
much as the coco does being solid stainless steel. :)

Charlie

"Jim Cox" <jimcox at miba51.com> wrote in message
news:web-211500947 at treehouse.forest.net...
Well my CoCo saw first light again last night and
everything went well.  For some time now I've been
planning to set up the CoCo and my 6809 trainer in a spot
where I have enough room for them.

Given all the stuff I have stuff in my place for the last
26 years has made the task a harder than it should be, but
it's finally getting done.  Hopefully once everything is
set up and  running I can make some contributions to the
CoCo Community.

It's funny that initially I forgot the basic commands to
run a program, but after a little help from Briza in CoCo
Chat, I started remembering things.  I grabbed a copy of
the 89 April Rainbow disk and the first program I ran was
something called Starview.  It came up and made some
noises, but since I didn't have the magazine in front of
me, I didn't know what to do.  I'll try and dig up the
magazine tonight and find out more.

I am trying to get in touch from someone on CoCo Chat by
the name of Charlie.  He sent me a locking plate for the
CoCo and had some advice about setting it up, but I can't
find his emails now.  So Charlie, if you are out there,
drop me a note.

Also, I am eager to get Roy's video adapter up and
running.  The one thing I don't like about the CM8 is that
is needs to be elevated to be placed properly behind the
CoCo.  A VGA monitor won't have those problems.

Well, got to get back to setting stuff up.  By the way,
Boisy, I hope to have DW2 working soon.  Thanks!

-Jim