[Coco] Re: Ran across an interesting book today...

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Fri Apr 7 08:11:08 EDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 12:08 AM, Tony C wrote:

> Boisy mentioned was here as well, but I had long since parted with it.
> Now, almost 20 years later, I had to pay close to 10 bucks for it, :-)
> but it's an easy read, and brings back some good memories.

Hah!  Glad I could help out there Tony.

It's funny you mention the book and my recommending it.  Yesterday I
was back at the same library and had a pretty surreal moment.

Every year the library holds a book sale.  There they get rid of
books and other media that were donated by departments and
individuals.  Of course, I checked it out and had to find the
computer books.  It just so happened that while I'm scanning the
numerous books on the table, I run across a binder with VIP embossed
on the edge.  I stopped and realized by the lettering that it was the
CoCo software of the same name!

I picked the binder out of the pile of books, opened it up and sure
enough, it was VIP Writer by SoftLaw.  The pages were in immaculate
condition and the 5.25" disk was still in the back along with the
software license.  It looked like it was never touched.  Needless to
say, I picked that up.

But it gets better.  When I got to the register, the lady looked at
it and said "just keep it."  I never thought I would have the
opportunity to get CoCo software from the university's library.

Boisy