[Coco] (Was: OT -- PC needs TWO Shut Downs ) How to format a PC Hard disk

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:20:22 EDT 2006

No need to format the harddrive if you just need to reset the master boot
record. "fdisk /mbr" will do that without data loss. There is a risk,
however, that the drive has a non-standard MBR. If this is the case, "fdisk
/mbr" may cause the partitions to become inaccessible without a third-party
utility. (We're definately up my alley now... I was a bench tech for over a
decade...)

Rod

Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)