[Coco] Mocha Enhancements

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Thu Apr 20 23:59:25 EDT 2006

I'm not exactly sure if anyone's interested but I've added a couple
significant enhancements to the Mocha Color Computer 2 applet.

You can now save multiple snapshots and later reload them from the
snapshot tab. If you run the signed applet, you can save these to disk.
Good for when you're stuck on the "pie" level in Donkey King.

There's also an "advanced" tab that allows you to tailor the speed of
the emulation (you can even turn off all throttling to see just how fast
a Java emulation can run).

Lastly, there's automated support for "Napkin" and "Substance" look and
feels. Get those jars from their respective web sites and drop them into
the jre/lib/ext folder (usually in "c:\program files\java\jre..."). The
next time you run Mocha, those options will appear in the look and feel
list box on the config screen. Substance is kind of like Mac OS X and
Napkin is hilarious - everything looks like it was hastily drawn on a
Napkin. Java 5 is required for this particular feature. Check it out.

Napkin Look and Feel
http://napkinlaf.sourceforge.net/

Substance Look and Feel
https://substance.dev.java.net/