[Coco] Re: Retro look CoCo...

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Tue Apr 11 21:52:49 EDT 2006

I suppose you could come up with some DECB or OS-9 apps that would be useful. I used my "Checks3" program for a long time to keep up with my check book. Something like that and some apps like a phone dialer/address book (see, that old modem, even a 300 baud, might be good for something after all!), or other PDA style things would make the CoCo useful -- especially with a 1GB Flash Card and everything on it -- no floppies at all! It would be little more than an oversize PDA, but that would be okay.

Or get real creative... mount an ITX motherboard in the old silver CoCo case along with a laptop HD and USB port on the side. Hack a PC keyboard to eliminate the number pad so it fits the CoCo case or get a mini keyboard. Wow, that's a change!! PC in a CoCo case instead of CoCo in a PC case.... ;>

Send it over the top by having it boot into MESS... emulating a CoCo...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent