[Coco] [Color Computer] Multi-vue Vs. Deskmate 3

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Sun Sep 25 21:31:16 EDT 2005

See attachment also.

Multi-Vue  Programmer's Notes / 9

An alternate approach can be taken if you have 512 K. Create a file called
AIF.CON that looks like this:

CONTROL
(blank line)
ICONS/icon.demo
0
8
40
24
0
1

This AIF will start the control program on a 16-color, 40x24 screen with
blue foreground on a white background. For
 simplicity it uses the icon for the Demo program. You can design  your own
icon instead.

This application will not have any data files associated with it. Clicking
on it will start control in a full 16-color screen.

The Clipboard Function

When you worked with the desktop functions, you might have hoticed that an
extra function, clipboard, was inaccessable. This function is intended to be
used to transfer data between files or applications. It will be implemented
in future applications that require this type of transfer. This is presented
now to promote uniformity and compatibility
Multi-Vue  Programmer's Notes /9 displaying the 16 colors currently in the
color palette.

Setting 16 Colors

>From the Control Panel, you can adjust the four color palettes that you use
with Multi-Vue. If you would like to set all 16 color palettes, then you'll
need to do this by calling Control as a standalone program on a 16-color
screen.

The following procedure will open a 16-color graphics window by calling
control:

1. Reboot the system using the OS-9 Level II disk.

2. 0S9: merge sys/stdfonts

3. 0S9: Iniz w2
>/w

4.0S9:dispIay 1b 20 8 0 0 28 18 1 00

5. 0S9: shell i=w2&
>1w2

6. Press [CLEAR] and you should see a white screen with "0S9:" in blue
letters. While that screen is displayed, place Multi-Vue Diskette #1 in
Drive 0.

7. 0S9: chx /d0/cmds

8. 0S9: chd /d0

9. 0S9: control