[Coco] [Color Computer] Multi-vue help

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 17 10:19:35 EDT 2005

Thank you Robert,

>I expect that you tried the instructions word for word. If you look
>carefully, you will see that the line
>edit /do/sys/env.file
>can't be correct. There is a typo and the /do should be /d0.
>However, the above should produce error #221 "module not found."

I did think that this was indeed a typo, so I did try it both ways. I did
not get any error message, but when I typed in "+3"  (line 5) it did return
as "*FALED*.

>Next possible error involves the treatment of the lines
>RAM=128
>*RAM=512
>which must be changed to reflect the larger size of 512k. The instructions
>don't tell the reader what they are attempting to accomplish with Edit;
>which could cause problems. You want the two lines to read
>*RAM=128
>RAM=512
>per the instructions on page 1-6. Alternatively you could just have a
>single line
>RAM=512

Ok, You lost me there (no big suprise) I have the fist printing of the
manual,so it might be changed, but my next step says (line 6) Type c/R/*R/
[Enter]
so am I supose to enter "c/128/*512/ [ENTER]?

Infact the only thing that DID work is on the next page, step 5- BuildMV,
I did get into multi vue last night, but again was only running it a
defaults. It was 1 in the morning, so I will go back and try it again.

While I am making edits here, is there a "quick Edit" for it to accept 4
digit years? Probably not, but I thought I would ask. I will start here, and
tackle the NirOS stuff later.
-