[Coco] Biggest OS-9/Nitros-9 HD?

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Fri Sep 23 21:44:02 EDT 2005

   I've been reading the OS-9 manual, and I understand that the FAT uses
3 bytes - 24 bits - to keep track of the files sectors.
That would give 16777216 sectors, and at 256 bytes a sector, 4194304 Kb,
or 4 Gb
Is that the maximum size of HD partition that OS-9 can work with?
What is the biggest HD any of you has ever used with OS-9?

Also, the manual says something about the files being able to be as big
as the media. Did I get it right? Could OS-9 in 1985/6 work
(theoretically) with files over 2 GB, something that Windoze machines
could not do until the release of WinXP some 23 years latter?

Diego