[Coco] OT: cpu overclocking

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Sat Sep 17 12:45:36 EDT 2005

JDag,

	A certain mac cpu upgrade maker is selling 1.6GHz 7447As for use at
1.8GHz. What do you think?

	I have a 1GHz 750GX in a PowerMac8600. The supposed minimum clock for
these is 500MHz. Mine will run reasonably stable at 250Mhz (stable
enough to complete a Mozilla build under Linux). Can I damage it running
it below it's minimum?

					kevin

P.S.:  Did you forget about the 68121 doc scan?

P.P.S.:  I'm being invaded by mouses and the rats keep eatin the peanut
butter out of the humane trap so I can't catch them. I may have to move.
Or charge them rent.