[Coco] Mindroll

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Oct 18 14:36:56 EDT 2005

There were a number of utilities for running Rompacks from disk.  Most offset
loaded the saved file that starts at $C000 to $2000 (e.g.,
LOADM"GAME",&H2000-&HC000), so any pokes to the $4000 area would affect the code
originally at $D000.  After the code has been loaded in and any necessary pokes
applied, the machine is put in RAM mode if it isn't already, and the game is
block moved back to the $C000 area and executed there, so the code needn't be
relocatable.  (Since Disk Basic is at $C000, you can't load the game to there
directly.)

Art