[Coco] msys, mingw, tortoiseCVS.

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 12 07:54:47 EST 2005

Let's assume that you have
set HOME=C:\msys\1.0\home
as a line in your autoexec.bat file. Test TortoiseCVS by creating an
empty folder in HOME called nitros9. Using Windows Explorer, right click
on folder nitros9. If Tortoise installed correctly, you will see some
Tortoise entries in the drop-down panel. Select CVS/Preferences. If not,
run Tortoise and set preferences to enable menu icons.

I have the following things set on the Advanced panel: always
recalculate home folder (you should see C:\msys\1.0\home), cvs95,
compression 6-good, included folders c:\msys\1.0, enable menu icons, and
check not Unix sandbox.

Now you should be able to right click on nitros9, select CVS update
(connect to the Internet first), and get a Tortoise Pink "Enter
password". Assuming you have a nitros9 password, enter it and the
download of the project source code should follow.