[Coco] wierd stuff

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:43:38 EST 2005

OK, so last night I has some weird stuff happen. I am now using a double FD
500 setup, and I switched it from my CoCo2 to my CoCo3. At first, all was
fine, then after about 10 minutes, I started to get I/O errors. I couldn't
do anything with it and started to panic. I then hooked it back up to my
CoCo2 and was still getting I/O errors on both drives. I switched out the
controller to 3 separate ones and was still getting errors. Originally, I
had the Multi-pak set up on the CoCo2 and swapped back the original
controller and put the multi-pak back on and everything worked just fine.

My question is why? is it because of the power drain from the second drive,
that it needs extra power? or is it because I am not using a fan, and the
drives are over heating?
I know I SHOULD be using the multi-pak with the CoCo3 and a FD 500, but why
a CoCo2?
or are my drives just flaky?
-Glen