[Coco] Re: Coco in Tandy 1000HX Case

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Fri Nov 11 15:05:03 EST 2005

I have to agree with Bruce. Isn't the HX the one with the keyboard, computer, and disk drive all in the came case? Okay, just did a search and came up with a page with all the Tandy 1000 series in it, including pics: http://www.fortunecity.com/marina/reach/435/trs1000.htm. I see what you have now!

The earlier model, the 1000EX, had a 5.25" floppy drive in the right side. Otherwise it was in the same location as the 3.5" drive, it was accessed from the right instead of front (look at the pics). The case is deep and wide enough to gut and mount a CoCo 3 motherboard in, will just take some cutting of the back to allow access to the CoCo ports. you might need ot move the power supply, or use the CoCo transformer instead. It would be simple enough to make an insert panel to mount the CoCo keyboard in place of the PC type board. You could mount the CoCo board up under the keyboard, but then you'd have to make extender cables for all the ports. Some of the conenctors are hard to find now unless you have a bad CoCo board and things like bad joysticks to rob the connectors from.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent