[Coco] Another fraud to wwatch for

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 22:55:11 EST 2005

I get periodic eBay and PayPal spoofs.  Most are very easy to spot.
Usually they have a hyperlink something like

http://www.paypal.com

but when you put the mouse cursor on the hyperlink without clicking, a
totally different address shows up at the bottom of the screen if you
are using Windows.  This is not foolproof, but is a good first step in
determining if the message is a spoof.  Bottom line - never click on the
hyperlink in this type of message.  If you need to check out the website
indicated, go there directly.

-- Steve --