[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Interfacing question.

j_e_daggett j_e_daggett at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 22:03:58 EST 2005

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at v...>
wrote:

> Or switch to a 6309, which can cheerfully source or sink 20 ma per
> pin, and its logic one outputs are the supply rail for all practical
> purposes.
>
> [...]

*******

on a good day and if you hold your breath for a year.

Not according to the Hitachi spec I have will the 6309 sink and source
20ma per pin. The max output current is 100ma and that is the sum
total of all the address buss, databus and control signals. You run
that current to long and I guarentee the part will get warm as nice
bed bug.

The 6309 has a VOH voltage than the 6809. Which would improve his
problem. The 6809 is rated VSS+2.4 VDC min while the 6309 is rated 4.1
VDC min.

james

Yahoo! Groups Links