[Coco] Dragon ASCII save

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Mar 16 12:16:40 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 10:26:42AM -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:

> 2) For ML games, my understanding is that quite a few will work, but the
> keyboard mappings are different. Is there a table as to how they are
> mapped between the two machines? Does the Dragon use the same 7 bits of a
> PIA to scan the keyboard? I may be able to patch those in the code itself,
> if I knew how the mappings work.

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall thinking that they really
only did one column swap in the keyboard scan.  So, simply changing
which column-bit maps to which set of characters should do the trick.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure which columns are effected.  But, that
probably isn't too hard to figure-out if you just figure out which
characters are being read wrong...

Curtis, I think you will understand what I'm saying.  If not, I'll
try to elaborate... :-)

John
--
John W. Linville