[Coco] Having problems formatting 720K floppys

Shawn M. Hedgecorth smh1 at wi.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 02:10:55 EST 2005

Hi,

I recently downloaded the most recent NitrOS9 L2 (6809) and am having
problems formatting 720K disks.  Here's what happens:

load format

(insert blank disk in drive /dd)

format /dd  (or /d0 - same results)

(info appears on screen relating to the disk format - all appears ok, press
'y' to proceed)

(sound of stepper motor moving head track to track...enter disk name)

(head seeks back to first track, and about 15 seconds later I get a seek
error)

I have had no problems formatting a disk in my 360K drive (/d1). Also, If I
load the format command from a previous release of NitrOS9, I have no
problems.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here? Should I just continue to use
the older format command?

Shawn