Re: [Coco] RainbowArchive · The Rainbow Archive Project

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Wed Jun 15 14:00:15 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Merchberger" <zmerch at 30below.com>

> Almost every time that I've seen a 'spinoff' such as this, either said
> spinoff or the original list dies. Fragmenting a group this small might
not
> be a good thing.
>
> Death really sucks. You can quote me on that. ;-)

In defence of Yahoo, after much bitching they considerably improved spam
prevention on their system.

Also, you can get a Yahoo web email address to join a list and use it as a
web only system. This entitles you to your own free webspace for whatever.

Also it does offer features such as
Chat
Files / Photos
Links
Database
Polls
Calendar
which can be quite useful. I've made a list of all of the possible issues of
Rainbow in the database section which I hope we can update as to who has
what. But we don't have to use it for email, we can just use the web
features which Malted doesn't offer. I'm easy either way, but I can barely
keep up with traffic here and on the Model 100 list and non Rainbow messages
here tend to be lost.

I can set the list to copy all messages to this list that are sent to the
Archive list.

Neil