[Coco] [Color Computer] Motorheads and the CoCo...

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed Jun 15 13:17:34 EDT 2005

Once upon a time I worked in a engine test lab and built a
control computer for a test engine. The engine was originally
built to run with a carb and test requirements called for fuel
injection. After looking around for an off the shelf after market
fuel injection system without luck I built one. To help make the
engine run more consistantly I added spark control to the project.

To pull it off I used a 68hc11 microcontroller and would suggest that
you consider doing the same. By the time you add all the external hardware
that you'll need to get a 6809 to control an engine you're going to
be spending a lot more money then had you gotten a prototype board
using the 68hc11. If you try to implement the PWM for the fuel
injectors in software you'll run out of cpu cycles.

Frank