[Coco] Vol. IX No. 1 Scanned

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Tue Jun 14 22:12:20 EDT 2005

At 06:02 PM 6/14/2005, you wrote:
>I have finished scanning the 132 pages that comprise Vol. IX No. 1 (August
>1989) and will be plugging in into PDF format this evening so that I can
>estimate size needs for media.  The raw image files saved as compressed
>.tif files weighs in at just a smidgeon over 1gb in size, and I am fairly
>excited to see my size estimates be incorrect in a positive way!
>
>This particular volume has a poor quality cover that was not noted in the
>collection notes, and I think I need to pour over the covers once more and
>be more critical about the quality.
>
>One down, 142 to go....

My suggestion for "repairing" the covers:  The MGI Photo Suite software has
some filters in it that I have used many times to "cartoonize"
images.  There is also a very nice blemish and scratch remover that I have
used to repair old photos I have scanned.  Talk about nice!

E-mail me one of those poor quality covers and I'll try to run it through
MGI or LVIEW and see what I can come up with.  I'm not sure where my
Rainbow mags are right now or I would just do a scan myself and supply an
example.

--
Roger Taylor