[Coco] Rainbow on Disc - Anonymous FTP

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Tue Jun 14 12:11:56 EDT 2005

I am going to await until someone steps up before we make a decision on what
OCR software to use - I will assume whomever takes the lead will have a
preference.

Regards,
Michael Harwood

> 3. If OCR is feasible, then it would be a welcome addition.  This is a
> sticky subject for me.  Even if the OCR is %99.99 percent accurate
> program listings are going to be very difficult to proofread, and
> proof-reading in general is going to be very time consuming.
>
> Thoughts?

Use ABBYY Fine Reader. It's OCR is close enough as is - if it gets 90% of
the text right it'll save much retyping. If your PDFs are image only you
can't run OCR on them (not enough resolution) so you are stuck with a full
re-type which is a PITA.

Neil