[Coco] Call for Volunteers

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Mon Jun 13 18:08:26 EDT 2005

<snip>

> Ken, any experience using Catweasel?  Someday I'll get enough time to try
> mine.
>
> -- Steve --

<snip>

Steve:

I haven't tried it out as much as I'd like, but in the limited testing I've
done it works *very* well.  There are a couple of potential pitfalls to
using it, though.  I have a Catweasel 4, and the latest drivers for it only
work under XP, while the computer I have it on is a Win98 machine.  It's not
really an issue, though, since I'm using Tim Mann's
(http://www.tim-mann.org/catweasel.html) excellent Catweasel read/write
tools.  All this software wants is a true DOS prompt.  It works extremely
well for most CoCo disks - the only exception I've found so far is Gantelet
2.  I have not yet found a way to read that one in.