[Coco] Yet another use for a coco...

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 12 21:54:29 EDT 2005

Typical cassette relay specs are 0.5A maximum at 6VDC from the service
manual 26-3002A/3A/4A. Given the catalog number, this should apply to
several different Coco1 models. The Coco3 owners manual lists exactly
the same specs so it looks like it will be true for any Coco 1-3.

It should be safe to keep a Coco1 on for ever if there is adequate
ventilation for the case. The original case does not have adequate air
flow and the heat sinks are marginal or non-existent. That is not the
same thing as non-crash run time. Any computer, without self correction
capability, will crash as cosmic radiation will eventually zap a memory
byte value. You may be able to Google for general crash time information
as a function of memory size versus on time. I don't remember seeing
this for the Coco.