[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Rainbow on Disc - OCR

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Jun 10 12:47:46 EDT 2005

ABBYY Fine Reader has an option which will scan pages to PDF as images but
will also put the text in the background so the document can be searched.

"Text under the page image:- The entire image is saved as a picture. The
recognized text is put under it. This option is useful if you export your
text to document archives: the full page layout is retained and the
full-text search is available if you save in this mode."

Also,

"Replace uncertain words with image:- If you save your document in the "Only
text and pictures" or the "Text over the page image" modes, you may have
uncertainly recognized words replaced with their images. To do it, set this
option."

Neil