[Coco] Re: Rainbow on Disc

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Jun 9 00:25:34 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 05:10 +0600, Richard E. Crislip wrote:
> Hello Michael
>
> That price plus a couple dollars more for your efforts sounds reasonable to
> me. I'd buy it for $40.00. Having the complete Rainbows on a CD or DVD
> would be awesome!

Hard to say what that's going to cost. The reason I suggest cloud-9 (or
even my own business, Speaker To Machines, Inc.) or Glenside is that
there is already processes/procedures ongoing to handle accounting
overhead. So we're kind of used to it.

I think the actual cost added to product though will have to be
estimated by the whoever takes it on, and probably should allow for a
small profit to keep them on their toes. Certainly no one should have to
take a loss on administering the project.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay up to $60 for the full DVD if it meets
my criteria of open-format and no DRM.

At any given price some people will be shut out. But hopefully we can
find some price point that hits the majority. Maybe any excess profit
can be applied to a semi-annual raffle and those who cannot afford the
full price can win a free copy. As many full-priced copies as can be
afforded by the excess would be given away. How's that for
progressive...

-- John.