[Coco] RE: Rainbow magazines]

John Hogerhuis jhoger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:52:14 EDT 2005

Actually JPG is lossy, the initial scans should be in lossless TIFF or
PNG. Plus there are tools that easily convert a set of TIFF scans to
PDF.

This brings up an issue, though: color. B&W is easy enough for
everyone. Are we scanning to a color PDF?

Consistency will be a lot more difficult if we are requiring color. I
suggest we do color only for the front and back covers. For those we
may want to do a JPG. But initial scan might as well be in a lossless
format like PNG. Just need to decide how many bits of color info.

-- John.