[Coco] [Fwd: RE: Rainbow magazines]

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Jun 8 10:49:16 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that Michael Wayne Harwood may have mentioned these words:
>My undestanding is that Rainbow ran from July '81 through May '93, and my
>calculations brings that to a total of 144 magazines.  I went ahead and
>sent an email to Lonnie asking what he is thinking in regards to price and
>how he would like it to work.
>
>I did a little research in regards to what other magazines have done for
>their CDROM archives and how much they charge.  Dr. Dobbs Journal charges
>$99 for a CDROM of over 200 issues, and other magazines I found are along
>the lines of $50 for a CDROM of multiple issues.

If you're looking for another datapoint of a similar vintage Tandy machine
magazine, you can purchase Portable 100 magazine dedicated to the Tandy
Model 100/102/200 series laptops (over 100 issues) it's available through
www.club100.org for $30, 2 CDs worth.

Go here: https://bigbird.whtech.com/club100.org/ordform.html

and scroll down about 25% of the way.

I'm not saying we should lowball Lonnie or anything... just offering
another datapoint to the grist... ;-)

[[ Offtopically, My Tandy 200 was my 3rd computer (First my CoCo2, then my
CoCo3) and I *still* use it weekly or more often... handy little sucker, it
is! ;-) ]]

>Everyone on this list seems to have a different opinion in regards to how
>this should be handled, but I pray that we can come to a satisfactory
>arrangement with Lonnie that most, if not all, of us can live with.

<AOL>
Me Too!
</AOL>

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein