[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Rainbow in PDF? Comments?

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Jun 6 10:37:38 EDT 2005

Message: 9
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:32:59 EDT
From: RJRTTY at aol.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Rainbow in PDF? Comments?
To: coco at maltedmedia.com

kevdig at hypersurf.com writes:

<<  Surely amongst all of us we can produce a nearly complete set?

                     kevin >>

      I have every single issue from the first "newsletter" style up to
1991.    I dont have the last two years 92 and 93.

       I have considered how long I would have to hide out in the Jefferson
National forest if I scanned them and spread them over the net.     Eric
Rudolph held out for a couple of years.    Do you think Lonnie could keep
the FBI interested that long?  :)))

Roy,

Between you and I, we would have the complete set - my set runs from
roughly 1987 to the end, with a few older issues from various other
means (mainly Ebay).

Got room in that cabin in the woods?

Seriously, though - I have given thought to scanning in mine, but I
can't yet bear the thought of unbinding them, they have too many
memories still for me to do it. I am 32 years old, and when I started my
subscription (well, when my parents started it), I was in roughly the
5th or 6th grade - 10-11 years old, learning how to code (badly) from
all the BASIC (and other) code in those magazines.

Today I am a professional software developer who has held a variety of
jobs - I credit the Rainbow and my CoCo(s) as being the "spark" which
led to what I do (and most importantly, enjoy) today.

I think what would cause me to reconsider, though - would be Lonnie's
blessing to allow us as a community to do it. Has anybody been in
contact with him lately? We should, as a community, approach him about it...

Andrew