[Coco] Loose plastic gears - CGP215 & PC2 Printers

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 20:43:38 EDT 2005

Both my CGP-215 printer/plotter and the PC2 cassette interface/printer share
the same mechanics on the printer and both have problems with loose plastic
gears that impede the printer to complete its sequences and earn its keep.
No doubt that the vintage of both printers is showing up, as I have
inspected the little plastic gears and on each, one of the smallest that is
directly attached to one of the electric motors, has a crack on the gear's
pit,it is hardly noticeable when the gear is installed on the motor shaft,
but a close inspection with a good light reveals the shaft metal glimmering
through the crack. This gear sits rather loose over the motor so when it is
time to excercise some force to spin the other gears around, the shaft will
slip and then the whole printer mechanism becomes really confused.

Has anyone had any luck repairing such gears?

-=[ Rogelio ]=-