[Color Computer] [coco] software modem for OS-9

Sun Jul 10 11:30:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

What you want is something called, if I remember correctly, a "Kansas City
Interface".

I have one and the artwork for a circuit board. Documentation and perhaps
even a spare board and some parts. I am not sure if a RS232 or a current
loop was used, I may have both on my board. Parts may be hard to come by
today.

Basically a 300 Baud modem tone generator and tone receiver that was used to
record on audio tape.

> On Thursday 07 July 2005 21:05, George Ramsower wrote:
>> I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this, but I'm curious
>> if someone ever wrote a routine for OS-9 that will use the cassette
>> port to communicate with a device using modem tones A.K.A. FSK...
>> like is used to utilize the cassette in RSDOS.

>> If there isn't a driver for this, perhaps someone has an old
>> acoustical modem they might wish to part with. I can modify it for
>> this application, using hardware to do the work which could be done
>> in software, but I don't know how to program in assembly..

I may have one of these also, for sure the acoustical part.

--
Stephen H. Fischer