[Coco] Re: Dragon 32's/180 & 360K floppy drives still available!!

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sun Jul 31 12:10:54 EDT 2005

I was looking through an old issue of BYTE I kept just to show how much things have changed (1986 issue), and ran across a surplus vendor I remembered, California Digital. Decided to see if they were still around. Low and behold, they are! Most of their products are over priced ($359 for a 486DX4 pen based computer, mono LCD, 8MB of RAM? I can get a good used PII laptop for MUCH less!!), but they still have a couple interesting, reasonably priced things -- like Dragon 32's for $35 (http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm). CoCo 2 compatible (well, almost), might work well for someone looking for an inexpensive, easy to progam controller board.

They also have some Mitsubishi 501B 360K ($39) and TEC 501 180K (single sided, $9) 5.25" floppy drives that someone may be interested in, as well as some Sony 11W 720K 3.5" drives ($29). These are at the bottom of the floppy drive section, which is mostly kind of expensive 8" drives. If you need a case for a couple 5.25" drives, they have a neat one @ $29 w/PS (http://www.cadigital.com/enclosur.htm)

Check their "neat stuff" for X-10 controllers and modules.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent