[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] C-Cubed

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 11:49:08 EDT 2005

A remote hosted compiler is an interesting idea as an alternative to
having to set up something like Cygwin (definately not for the
beginner) or worry about copyright issues.

However... I'm not sure how well it will work.
You must be able to 'make' a project with multiple source files,
include files and your own libs.

I see only a few ways this can work:

If you use standard include files and are compiling one source file.
I guess it would work for a beginner but it would be of no use to a
real developer.  No make capability.

Set up something like a unix account for them... not very practical.

Or they archive their entire environment with their own libs, includes
and everything.  If anything were wrong with the directory structure
in the archive it would fail but it's possible.

I don't think anything for the CoCo will be big enough to cause a huge
delay accessing such a system... but you would need to be online to
use it.

Yahoo! Groups Links