[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] BBS Programs for COCO3/OS9

benoit_bleau1 benbleau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:57:03 EST 2005

> I saw a cable that lets you use your PC as a hard drive, would that
work?

That would be drivewire from Boisy Pitre (the software guru at
www.cloud9tech.com).
The new version can be used with HDB-Dos and Nitros9

> Where do I get OS9 itself?  Right now I don't have a single item
related to a COCO in any way.  The COCO3's listed on eBay currently
make no mention of OS9.

OS9 evolved into Nitros9, a user supported OS.  You can find it at
www.nitros9.org.  If you have no way of building the floppies
yourself, you can get them from cloud9

Mark Marlette (the hardware guru from cloud9) has a few coco3s for
sale, and probably other hardware too, including the amazing SuperIDE .

> A multi-pak is just a multi-cartridge adaptor right?  What do I need
for  multiple RS232 ports?

Yes, basically, plus it takes care of separating interrupts to the
cartridges,  powers the hardware in the slots, and buffers the lines.

To get multiple RS232 ports, there are a few options, some easier to
find than others.   You can usually find the Deluxe RS232 pack on
ebay, it comes up for sales now and then.   I think that
www.funvintageworld.com has a few available, too, plus a lot of rom
cartridges and some manuals.

I claim no relations to the cloud9 team, but they do incredible work!

And last, a good starting point for your surfing, go to www.coco3.com :)

-Ben

Yahoo! Groups Links