[Coco] Testing memory?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 21 19:46:25 EST 2005

JIm

There is no way to test ram other than to write and read  test pattern
to selected or even to all locations.

The best way to test for shorts between pins and some opens is to
write and read an alternating pattern of $55 and $AA.

Basically you write $55 to every location and read it back. The
same can be done with $AA.

There used to be ram checkers that you could plug the IC in and it
would test the part. Basically what I described above was what it
did.

james