[Coco] Re: Path command wasRe: OS-9 LVL II

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 14:15:27 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/19/05 12:15:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chazbeenhad at hotmail.com writes:

>Bob,  If you put the PATH command in startup, won't it only set path for the

>TERM window?
>Is there a way to set path for all open shell  windows without having to go
>to each screen and
>using a script  or typing path=whatever ?

Not sure about OS9 6809 or ShellPlus, but in 68K if you execute the PATH
command (or any other environment settings) in Startup, and then spin off shells
and windows in Startup, those settings will apply by inheritance to all those
 shells, even after the temporary shell that ran the Startup file goes  away.

At least I think that's how it's supposed to work, at least in UNIX or  Linux.
--Mike K.