[Coco] Was unix, now SSC Tracker (MiniHog)

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 07:15:28 EST 2005

--- Chris Spry <bugster at cedarcomm.com> wrote:

> > So many interesting things to work on, so little time...
> >
> > -- John.
>
> You got that right. <snip> I decided a while ago to finally use
> the SSC to make the music and sound, but you will need a modified
> SSC (to run in high speed mode) to use it.

That's awesome Chris... been dying for an update on MiniHog. :-)

I will offer SSC upgrades to anyone that doesn't want to do the hack. A basic
hack can be jumpered for hi or lo speed (requires unplugging the cart) or you
can go for the automatic speed detecting switch, which will also give you the
ability to add a turbo LED to the CoCo3. You can glue a rectangular LED into
the cooling slots without any drilling.

The speed detector circuit goes inside the CoCo or MPI and requires soldering 3
wires to the motherboard. Then a twisted pair goes to the SSC and plugs into
the same spot the jumper would go. See my webpage for photos and instructions.

Cheers,
Bob Emery
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob