[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Creating a DSK file on a real coco..

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Fri Dec 23 14:55:11 EST 2005

This process is more complex than I would like.

There are really a couple of options, and some restrictions.

There are programs for DOS and DOS-based versions of Windows that can
format and create real disk images on a PC with a 5.25" drive installed.

It is also possible to do this on a Linux machine, but there are some
caveats there in terms of which distro you are running and what
version(s) of the utilities are installed.

By far I find that using 3.5" drives and media is the way to go. The
form factor is more common, more compatible, and the CoCo doesn't care
if it's a 3.5" or 5.25" drive as long as you cable the thing up properly.

-Mike

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/CFFolB/TM