[Coco] Re: S-video Prospects...

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Dec 17 19:42:40 EST 2005

Roger

You are correct that both versions use the same GIME chip. The PAL version uses
the RGB outputs of the GIME chip along with the composite output of the GIME
chip. It looks as if the PAL encoder is using the composite synce protion of the
composite video signal from the GIME chip.

The RGB signals are mixed via a weighted mixing ciruit internal to the MC1377 to
generate a lumina signal and a R-Y and B-Y signal. From what I can determine the
MC1377 does not output the R-Y and B-Y signals.

james