[Coco] Bad news, good news...

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Thu Dec 15 21:00:16 EST 2005

Hi,

Cool.  So two of us have tried S-video using two different techniques and
both of them look awesome.

It does look like S-video would make a very nice option to replace all those
aging CM-8 monitors... in fact, S-video on a decent monitor looks better
than RGB video on those old CM-8s.

On a whim, I decided to try plugging it into one of those LCD VGA monitors
that also has an S-video input...  Well, it's definately legible in 80
columns (except there is no way to center the image on my particular monitor
and the first character on the left edge of the screen gets cut off!), but
the LCD's scaling circuit seems to soften/blur the display a bit.  Not
exactly ideal.