[Coco] How do you program?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Dec 10 11:01:18 EST 2005

Jim

Programming expertise in assembly comes from long time usage.
One becomes familiar with th einternal workings of the processor
and how to bring data in, manipulate and store. After a while it
becomes almost a second language.

Programming in complex functions requires knowlwdge of how the
function works. One breaks complex functions into a set of more
usable simpler functions. Then write a string of routines that
accomplishes the more complex function.

Rarely does one sit down and just bangs on the keyboard. Y ou
have to think of how the external hardware interreacts with the
processor. Time and doing is the best teacher.

james