[Coco] Re: Thoughts about going back to school full time.

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 10:29:05 EST 2005

--- "Richard E. Crislip" <rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello Jim
>
> I know I'm jumping in here, but I have elected to return to school to get my
> bachelor degree at 58yrs because when I graduate, I want to be able to teach
> in the two year colleges that are springing up every where. I was doing that
> until the accreditation team came through. They pointed out that in Ohio,
> the teacher had to have  bachelors degree to teach the MS-Office suite
> because they are deemed as being business courses. My 37 years experience
> and associate degree in programming didn't mean a thing 8-/.

As much as I don't like soapboxing on OT issues, this is something that really
chaps my a$$! The fact that years of experience and demonstrated ability and
the human who posesses them are meaningless compared to some stupid little
pieces of paper is a travesty. I know the value of a college education, even
without one. There are many many people with college degrees that I wouldn't
trust to tie my shoes! As long as this nation is more concerned with policy
than humanity, none of us can know freedom or justice. Sorry for going off like
this, so I'll keep it short and well-tempered. Good luck Jim, I hope you can
find as much happines as I have at my current job!

Peace,
Bob