[Coco] OT: Thoughts about going back to school full time.

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sun Dec 4 17:43:33 EST 2005

I realize this is OT, but there is a lot of wisdom on this
list and I thought that besides search the web for info,
I'd ask here for toughts, ideas, and strategies for going
back to school full time.

Right now I am taking C programming on the side and while
I enjoy it, I am finding that between work and everything
else, I am running out of bandwidth.  I know that there
will be a lot of sacrifices, but I am wondering if going
back to school full time might be the answer.  Also I am
dealing with a major case of career burnout, and I mean
major.

I'm looking at a program at local university for a BSET
degree, since that would allow me to leverage my 23 years
as a tech plus my AAS in Electronics.  My one concern
though is most of my experience is in test, and I want to
move into engineering.  Is a BSET the right choice?

For those of you who after working for a while, quit and
 went back to school full time, how did you do it?  Did
you take out loans or did you just save up the money.

If you have any thoughts, I'd like to hear from you, but
please reply off line.  Thanks!

Jim