[Coco] Portal-9 news

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Sat Dec 3 13:55:14 EST 2005

Hey gang,

What would you say if I told you I was adding support to the Portal-9 IDE
for the following other CPUs?  Would this interest any of us?

8048
8051
6502
8085
Z80
6805
TMS32010
TMS32025
6800/6801
TMS7000
8096

Let's not forget the already 6809 and 6309 CPUs via CCASM and CASM.  I'm
adding a cross assembler which handles all of the above CPUs and allows
adding more via tables.

Btw, if you have M.E.S.S. installed on your PC somewhere you can point
Portal-9 to a few M.E.S.S. files and you're doing instant source code to
running code in seconds on whatever target machine you choose, including
all of the different models of the CoCo and CoCo clones!  I'm sure most of
you know how easy this works by now, but for those who don't... Portal-9
will let you go from editing 6809/CoCo assembly language source code into a
fully-emulated CoCo that is running your software in a matter of seconds,
all seamlessly (from the blinking cursor in the IDE .. to the blinking
cursor in the emulated CoCo).  So after hitting the Go button, a CoCo pops
up on the screen with your software mounted inside of the CoCo as a floppy
disk or ROM Pak.

With the addition of the above extra assemblers, Portal-9 will also let you
emulate whatever target systems those CPUs are found on in real life, just
like you can do now to emulate the CoCo and see your software run.

My IDE also includes some nice sample projects like Projector-3, a massive
assembly project that builds into a runnable floppy disk image in seconds.

www.coco3.com

--
Roger Taylor