[Coco] setting up a C compiler system

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Dec 29 20:20:21 EST 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 19:51, John Donaldson wrote:
>I have th following files, what else do I need to complete the C
> compiler
>John Donaldson

Hi John;

Ansifront, added to the compiler driver script between cprep and cc1
allows more ansi-isms to be used.  There is also a 2nd stage c.opt2
that goes between c.opt and c.asm and further fine tunes the code.
And on the coco3 only, CnoY can speed up the code a wee bit.
None are required, and they all slow the compile down a bit, but they
do help generate better object code for the linker to deal with.

Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: