[Coco] 256K J&R Banker and OS-9

A Schober afs762002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 16:38:29 EST 2005

After some rifling through boxes, I've found a
discussion of this product in Hot Coco, Sept 1985, pp.
28--31 (Schematic + test program).  Maybe some
relevant info:

QUOTE

...you have either 4 banks of 64K or eight banks of
32K.  You switch memory addresses using PEEK commands
to the following addresses:

ffc0-ffc7 64k bank select
ffc8-ffcf 32k bank select
ffd0-ffd7 vdg select
ffd8-ffdf reserved for future 512K upgrade

. . .

J&R's upgrade design is, as far as we know, compatible
with the stock 64K CoCo with one exception.  A problem
arises if you program the SAM using the CLR command,
because a CLR command PEEKs and the POKEs 00s to
memory.  You can fix this by replacing all offending
CLR commands with STA commands (e.g. STA $ffc0).

. . .

PEEKs needed to change the graphics memory page
accessed by the VDG:

peek   vdg bank
ffd0   0
ffd1   1