[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Sam/Ram question.

Phill Harvey-Smith dragon at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 28 11:27:17 EST 2005

Mike Pepe wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 28 December 2005 06:47, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
> ...what Gene said is true, though some CoCo models don't have resistors
> there, they instead have small ferrite beads. I don't suspect that would
> cause the problem you're seeing (though it might)
 >
> Have you modified the CoCo ROM to put the SAM into SRAM mode? Maybe all
> the superfluous refreshing is causing some glitching or timing problems.

No, trying to make a module that will work as a straight replacement,
though my PLD, does suppress reads when both /HS and E are low, which is
  when acording to the SAM datasheet the refresh takes place.

Could be of course that my timing is still slightly out....

Phill.

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/CFFolB/TM