[Coco] Another MESS Question

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 26 11:54:53 EST 2005

Bob Devries <bdevries at gil.com.au> wrote:

> OK, I tried it with V0.84... same result. ded will not go behond sector
> $438B, which is the current end of file of the VHD file.

Since ded tries to read a sector before it writes it, this makes sense.
The host operating system will not extended the file on reads.

> Am I seeing some conflict with WinXP SP2 here?
> Is there a windows util that I can use to extend the file to the correct
> size?

Any hex editor should do. Heck, even a text editor will let you extend
the file size. Although care should be taken that the text editor not
translate any line endings.

tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright